KG4 Guantanamo Bay

DX Nyheder, både lokalt og globalt. Samt nyheder gældende for HF området.
Besvar
oz7c

KG4 Guantanamo Bay

Indlæg af oz7c »

hej
KG4 – Guantanamo Bay
If you haven’t worked KG4NE, Kelly, yet you still have time as his stay at
Club Gitmo has been extended. Originally he was to depart the base earlier
this week, however, do to the Covid-19 crisis he now expects to remain
“till at least 28 May”, or it “could be longer”.
It will all depend on when his replacement arrives. Kelly notes over the past
few days working “lots of JA’s” on 40 meters FT8 both on Fox and Hound and
regular FT8. As of the moment he has worked some 6,846 QSOs in 135 entities
with 124 confirm on LoTW and 99 via eQSL and a total of 126 combined (LoTW and eQSL).
He has also been tracking WAS on all bands. For 6 meter ops he has also been QRV.
Kelly says, “I am trying to increase my country count and complete WAS on at
least 2 more bands before I leave”. QSL via LoTW, eQSL or his home call NM7H.

73 Boye
oz7c

Re: KG4 Guantanamo Bay

Indlæg af oz7c »

Hej

KG4 – Guantanamo Bay
W1SRR, Mike, says, “I will be mobilizing to Guantanamo Bay for a minimum of 9 months from June 2020 to Mar 2021, during my time off from work, I will juggle physical exercise, water sports, and operate KG4MA”. Mike hopes to obtain his VE certificate and hopes “to maybe get some service members involved in the hobby”. While there Mike will be on SSB and Digital modes, but also plans “to learn CW” and “will try [his] hand at that”. Activity will be on HF and especially on 6 meters “as it seems to be requested of [him] via the numerous emails [he has] gotten as of late”. Mike is planning to operate QRP when he hikes or bikes, as KG4MA/P. “I'd like to try different modes and equipment and if anyone wants to donate equipment towards the base shack I can maybe write a brief review and then leave it to the next KG4 operator as part of the shacks' equipment”, says Mike. He has a Elecraft KX3 and KXPA100. To his knowledge there is no rig in the club shack. He is still contemplating his QSLing.

73 Boye
Besvar