3Y bouvet 3Y0I

DX Nyheder, både lokalt og globalt. Samt nyheder gældende for HF området.
Besvar
oz7c

3Y bouvet 3Y0I

Indlæg af oz7c »

Hej
3 Nov.

We are still pushing with the missing budget ($24300) to finalize last payment for the vessel to make 3Y0I happen. So far (as an international team) we still can’t travel to South Africa due the Covid situation. Bouvet is not cancelled! All our equipment is ready there, waiting for us.

Time is running like crazy, also Antarctic summer will not wait for us so long… Please keep in mind that we will maybe need to reschedule this trip for the next season.

In the meantime Dom 3Z9DX received his Fijian government travel permit to go back to the Pacific Rebel Base as a back up plan. There is three different DXCC’s around: 3D2/C Conway, 3D2/R Rotuma, 3D2 Fiji + several IOTAs including some very rare groups. Unfortunately, cyclone season starts from November to March… so all looks very difficult and hard from logistic point of view. Let’s see what happens soon.

info DXworld !

73 Boye
oz7c

Re: 3Y bouvet 3Y0I

Indlæg af oz7c »

Hej

3Y – Bouvet Island
Per the Rebel DX Group’s Facebook page they report “Some members of the Rebel DX Group have arrived in Cape Town, South Africa. After several Covid protocols we are in the good hands of our ZS friends and local supporters.

Just to remind you, the whole of our expedition equipment from the first Bouvet ''attack'' was secured at the QTH of Andre ZS1AN. What a great guy he is!! We will check again all our expedition gear during the coming days.

We had a very busy day yesterday with Shawn ZS1SBW, working on important paperwork for upcoming projects. More info on that soon.
The Bouvet (3Y0I) trip is on track. Still some budget is missing but we are hoping to get some of the missing $$$. Our last attempt cost us over $250K private money (donations were just 7%) and sadly that went to the ''vessel chimney'' (for fuel). Let's hope, this time we will be more lucky.

ere is a link if you are willing to help. https://www.gofundme.com/f/3yi-bouvet-island-expedition
For your information, we will not apply for financial support to any DX Foundation or big Clubs as their conditions are not acceptable to us for a trip to one of the most wanted DXCC entities; and one of hardest places to go on our planet.”

73 Boye
Besvar